GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Garland responded to a shooting on Thursday night that left one person dead. The incident happened just after 9:30 p.m. in the 5200 block of Broadway Boulevard.
Authorities stated that, when officers arrived, they were met by a male apartment resident who admitted to shooting somebody who tried to break into his home. Police found a man on the floor with a gunshot wound.
Paramedics transferred the injured man to an ambulance, but he was soon pronounced dead. The name of the man has not been released. Officials are also trying to determine the identities of other individuals who may have possibly been involved with the break-in.
This case is still under investigation. Police are in the process of interviewing the shooter and his neighbors. Officials have not released the name of the shooter, or said if he will face any charges.
- RG3 Back In Starting Lineup For Winless Browns
- Coca-Cola Pitches Pairings From Ramen To Lobster
- Earnhardt Cleared To Race Again Next Season
- Dallas Designer Encourages Women In STEM Fields With Science Based Clothing Line
- Mick Jagger Celebrates Birth Of 8th Child