The NCAA wants a clarification on a California judge’s ruling in the landmark Ed O’Bannon case.
The governing body wrote in a brief to the U.S. District Court on Monday that schools want to know which recruits are covered under the ruling. The decision opened the door to athletes receiving a small percentage of the millions of dollars they help generate.
Judge Claudia Wilken wrote it would affect only athletes who enroll after July 1, 2016, at the beginning of the next recruiting cycles.
The NCAA calls the language about the “next recruiting cycle” ambiguous. It wants the court to establish another date, Aug. 1, 2015, when scholarships can first be offered in the 2015-16 recruiting cycle.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Warrant Details How Missy Bevers Died
- Clear Fork Development Coming Along Quickly In Fort Worth
- Forney Adds “In God We Trust” To City Vehicles
- SPCA of Texas Rescues Dogs From South Korean Dog Meat Farm
- Woman Attacked At Dallas Apartment Complex