Texas Lieutenant Governor Candidates To Debate Sept. 27
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Republican state Sen. Dan Patrick has agreed to participate in a September debate with his Democratic opponent for lieutenant governor, Leticia Van de Putte.
Patrick’s campaign announced Wednesday that he’ll debate his Senate colleague Sept. 27 for an hour-long event to be broadcast by KLRU-TV in Austin. It will be moderated by Texas Tribune Executive Editor Ross Ramsey.
But Van de Putte released a statement Wednesday calling Patrick a “coward” for agreeing to just one debate out of five she’s proposed. She said a single debate “in front of a bunch of Austin insiders” isn’t enough.
Patrick’s campaign says he participated in numerous debates during the Republican primary and is working to establish a debate schedule in the coming months that doesn’t conflict with ones involving the candidates for governor.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hill Co. Sheriff Michael Cox, 3 Deputies Accused Of Licensing Irregularities
- No Charges For Student Who Wrote About Killing Classmates
- 6 Texans Indicted In 5 New Jersey Home Invasions
- Arlington PD Need Public’s Help Locating Suspect
- Cowboys Working To Restructure Romo’s Contract