Texas Lieutenant Governor Candidates To Debate Sept. 27
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Republican state Sen. Dan Patrick has agreed to participate in a September debate with his Democratic opponent for lieutenant governor, Leticia Van de Putte.
Patrick’s campaign announced Wednesday that he’ll debate his Senate colleague Sept. 27 for an hour-long event to be broadcast by KLRU-TV in Austin. It will be moderated by Texas Tribune Executive Editor Ross Ramsey.
But Van de Putte released a statement Wednesday calling Patrick a “coward” for agreeing to just one debate out of five she’s proposed. She said a single debate “in front of a bunch of Austin insiders” isn’t enough.
Patrick’s campaign says he participated in numerous debates during the Republican primary and is working to establish a debate schedule in the coming months that doesn’t conflict with ones involving the candidates for governor.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Health Officials Release Chart Of Those Currently Monitored For Ebola
- Owners Hope App Will Boost Business In Cone Zone
- Cowboys DeMarco Gives iMacs To O-Linemen
- Family Says Ebola No Longer Detectable In Nurse’s Body
- OSU Sues New Mexico State Over Pistol-Packing Mascot