DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – A Dallas man was sentenced Thursday to 20-years for what prosecutors say was the worst case of stalking they’ve ever seen.
23-year old Gabriel Ramirez plead guilty to stalking a teen girl and shooting her father three times in the chest when he told him to stop.
Ramirez testified on his behalf in the penalty phase today claiming he was sorry for shooting the man but was high on heroin, cocaine, marijuana laced with PCP, Xanax and other drugs the day he shot him.
But prosecutors pointed out Ramirez was obsessed with the young girl…tattooing her name 11 times all over his body.
The judge sentenced Ramirez to 10-years for the stalking and 20-years for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
The sentences are to be run concurrently.
According to prosecutors Ramirez has already served one year in jail and will be credited for time served. He will be eligible for parole in approximately 9 years.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Some Push For Degree Reinstatement For Texas CPS Caseworkers
- Shippy And Luds: In The 5-Hole: Disappointing Road Trip, Oduya’s Injury & More
- Mars Investigating Skittles Said To Be Intended For Cattle
- 4 Texans Plead Guilty In Theft Of Dinosaur Bones From Utah Site
- Police Need Help Identifying Armed Robbery Suspects