DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas Independent School has fired six teachers after they gave students answers to questions on a state required test.
“We know teachers did something with the scores to inflate the grades,” said DISD Superintendent Mike Miles.
All of the teachers are connected to Umphrey Lee Elementary School. DISD launched an investigation dating back to the 2012-2013 school year — but never told the public.
This isn’t the first time teachers in the district were accused of cheating, which begs the question – why wasn’t the public made aware?
“We both as parents should’ve been told that the teachers were changing grades” said Claudia Leonard.
Miles removed staffers tied to the cheating investigation. He said releasing details to parents couldn’t be done, because of personnel privacy issues.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas County Schools Has $40 Million Less Than Anticipated
- Trump Administration Reverses Obama Policies On Transgender Bathrooms
- Ex-Offenders Find Second Chance Through Habitat For Humanity
- Police: Teacher Threatens Give Me A Raise Or ‘Burn Alive’
- The Apollo 11 Capsule Is Going On Tour