Rangers Bring Up Edwards, Send Down Ross
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers purchased right-hander Jon Edwards’ contract from Triple-A Round Rock and sent Robbie Ross back to the minor leagues.
Texas announced the move Friday, a day after Ross (2-5) had been recalled from Round Rock and gave up six runs in 4 1-3 innings in a loss to Tampa Bay.
A converted outfielder, Edwards was 2-3 with a 4.41 ERA and 62 strikeouts in 34 relief appearances combined for Double-A Frisco and Round Rock.
Edwards was originally drafted by St. Louis as an outfielder out of nearby Keller High School in 2006. He spent five seasons in the Cardinals’ organization, and is looking to make his major league debut.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Bush Center Exhibit Features First Family Pets
- Czech Republic Prime Minister Visits West, Texas
- Thursday Night Fantasy Starters: Jamaal Charles, Chiefs Defense And Andre Holmes
- Dallas Officer Arrested For Aggravated Assault
- Official: FSU Gunman Was Alumnus, Texas Tech Graduate