ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers purchased right-hander Jon Edwards’ contract from Triple-A Round Rock and sent Robbie Ross back to the minor leagues.
Texas announced the move Friday, a day after Ross (2-5) had been recalled from Round Rock and gave up six runs in 4 1-3 innings in a loss to Tampa Bay.
A converted outfielder, Edwards was 2-3 with a 4.41 ERA and 62 strikeouts in 34 relief appearances combined for Double-A Frisco and Round Rock.
Edwards was originally drafted by St. Louis as an outfielder out of nearby Keller High School in 2006. He spent five seasons in the Cardinals’ organization, and is looking to make his major league debut.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Taco Charlton Already Getting Taco Endorsement Calls
- Jimmy John’s Employee Keeps His Cool With Gun In His Face
- Report: Larry Bird Steps Down As Indiana Pacers President
- Man Arrested In Death Of Molly Matheson Identified
- NFL’s Wild Opening Round Could Yield More Surprises On Day 2