DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Three of Dallas County’s top law enforcement officials will be at a town hall meeting Monday night to address police shooting concerns.
Dallas County District Attorney Craig Watkins, Dallas Police Chief David Brown and Dallas County Sheriff Lupe Valdez will all be at the meeting at St. Paul United Methodist Church at 7 p.m.
Last week Watkins formally announced the start of a first-of- its kind Civil Rights Unit in the district attorney’s office to investigate police shootings.
“The purpose of the town hall meeting is to start a dialogue with the community and address any concerns about police shootings, so that Dallas County does not experience unrest in the streets as such is the case in Ferguson, Missouri,” said DA office spokesperson Debbie Denmon.
St. Paul United Methodist Church is located at 1816 Routh Street in Dallas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Children’s Health Ends 30-Year Support Of Dallas Christmas Parade
- NTSB Blames Pilot For Deadly 2015 Crash Near Argyle
- Public Invited To Weigh In On Proposed Rate Hikes For ‘The T’
- Motorcyclist Dies In Head-On Crash With SUV Near Forney
- FC Dallas Player Continues To Improve After Accident