Cowboys Face Uncertainty With Shaky Defense
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
IRVING (AP) - The Dallas defense is still missing starters halfway through the preseason and will lose cornerback Orlando Scandrick for the first four games of the regular season because of a drug suspension.
The uncertainty isn’t helping a unit trying to replace its two best players after a dismal 2013 showing.
Coach Jason Garrett says the Cowboys “have to live with the reality” of starting the season without Scandrick and the uncertainty surrounding other key pieces.
Brandon Carr should play for the first time this preseason at Miami on Saturday night. Fellow cornerback Morris Claiborne’s outlook isn’t as clear because of a shoulder problem, and newcomers Henry Melton and Terrell McClain aren’t likely to play at defensive tackle because of injuries.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Nurse Amber Vinson Asks Bridal Shop For Refund
- Three Men On Texas DPS 10 Most Wanted List Captured
- Starving Dog’s Owner Sought In Parker County
- Gas Prices Drop Across Texas Amid Busy Travel Time
- Goodell And Smith Meet On NFL Personal Conduct Policy