IRVING (AP) – The Dallas defense is still missing starters halfway through the preseason and will lose cornerback Orlando Scandrick for the first four games of the regular season because of a drug suspension.
The uncertainty isn’t helping a unit trying to replace its two best players after a dismal 2013 showing.
Coach Jason Garrett says the Cowboys “have to live with the reality” of starting the season without Scandrick and the uncertainty surrounding other key pieces.
Brandon Carr should play for the first time this preseason at Miami on Saturday night. Fellow cornerback Morris Claiborne’s outlook isn’t as clear because of a shoulder problem, and newcomers Henry Melton and Terrell McClain aren’t likely to play at defensive tackle because of injuries.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Scout Leader Remembered As Loving Mother, Generous Volunteer
- Churches Gather To Pray For The City Of Dallas
- Hamels Picks Up 11th Win, Rangers Top Royals 7-4
- Shooting At Texas Apartment Leaves Four Dead
- Kyle Busch Wins NASCAR Xfinity Series Race At Indy Again