COMMERCE (AP) – Former Texas running back Joe Bergeron who was dismissed from the team for undisclosed rules violations has enrolled at Texas A&M-Commerce.
A&M-Commerce spokesman Kevin Young said Monday that Bergeron is eligible to play this fall because the Lions are a Division II school.
Texas is Division I. Bergeron would have had to sit out a year if he moved to another Division I school.
Young also says Bergeron, a senior who began practicing with the Lions last week, chose A&M-Commerce to be close to his family in Mesquite, near Dallas.
Commerce is 60 miles northeast of Dallas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- American Airlines Flight Makes Emergency Landing After Fire
- Planning For A Restaurant Row In McKinney
- Experts: Dry Shampoo Overuse May Cause Hair Loss
- Thousands Attend Billy Bob’s Concert Benefiting Dallas Police Charity
- Obama Implores Voters To Elect Hillary Clinton