Ex-Texas RB Bergeron Joins A&M-Commerce
Sports Fan Insider
COMMERCE (AP) - Former Texas running back Joe Bergeron who was dismissed from the team for undisclosed rules violations has enrolled at Texas A&M-Commerce.
A&M-Commerce spokesman Kevin Young said Monday that Bergeron is eligible to play this fall because the Lions are a Division II school.
Texas is Division I. Bergeron would have had to sit out a year if he moved to another Division I school.
Young also says Bergeron, a senior who began practicing with the Lions last week, chose A&M-Commerce to be close to his family in Mesquite, near Dallas.
Commerce is 60 miles northeast of Dallas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No. 6 Texas A&M rolls 58-6 over June-less SMU
- Fort Worth Teen Unharmed After Car Crashes Through Home
- Silver Alert Canceled After Missing Fort Worth Senior Found
- Secret Services Face Criticism After Texas Intruder Jumps Fence
- Duncanville Man Dies In Fatal Dallas Single Car Crash