COMMERCE (AP) – Former Texas running back Joe Bergeron who was dismissed from the team for undisclosed rules violations has enrolled at Texas A&M-Commerce.
A&M-Commerce spokesman Kevin Young said Monday that Bergeron is eligible to play this fall because the Lions are a Division II school.
Texas is Division I. Bergeron would have had to sit out a year if he moved to another Division I school.
Young also says Bergeron, a senior who began practicing with the Lions last week, chose A&M-Commerce to be close to his family in Mesquite, near Dallas.
Commerce is 60 miles northeast of Dallas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 Officers Injured After DWI Suspect Crashes Into Squad Car
- ‘The Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Outdoes ‘Logan Lucky’ At Box Office
- Authorities Arrest 2 After Carjacked Lamborghini Found On Fire
- Jerry Lewis, Comedian, Telethon Host, Dies At 91
- Comedian, Civil Rights Activist Dick Gregory Dies At 84