AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – Gov. Rick Perry’s new political action committee has released a Web video responding to his indictment on felony charges of abuse of power.
RickPAC’s video (watch above) features footage of Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg’s unruly behavior following her 2013 drunken driving arrest.
Perry was indicted Friday for coercion and official oppression for promising to veto funding for the state public integrity unit run by Lehmberg’s office.
The governor threatened the veto if Lehmberg, a Democrat, stayed in office after her drunken driving conviction.
The RickPAC video shows Lehmberg being given a sobriety test and sticking her tongue out at the jail. Perry is also seen defending his veto “wholeheartedly.”
Perry is mulling a second presidential run in 2016. In the meantime, RickPAC is dedicated to electing Republicans in national races.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Draft LB Leighton Vander Esch With Team’s First Pick
- North Texas Cities Fail To Test Safety Of Drinking Water
- Dallas Police Host Vigil To Honor Memory Of Officer Santander
- OU’s Mayfield Goes #1 In NFL Draft
- Dallas To Build Memorial To Lynching Of Allen Brooks