DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A police incident in east Dallas has caused a major traffic tie-up, backing up vehicles on Interstate-30 for miles and miles.
According to police, a 63-year-old Latin man jumped from the overpass at Buckner Boulevard onto the eastbound lanes of I-30. He was pronounced deceased at the scene. As a result, police shutdown Buckner and all of I-30.
The westbound lanes of the highway were reopened after a short while.
The complete closure of eastbound I-30 resulted in a backup that had drivers delayed for up to two hours. At one point traffic was at a complete standstill from Buckner, past downtown Dallas and I-35E, nearly 13 miles.
Traffic is moving again on Buckner Boulevard.
All lanes of I-30 have since reopened but stop-and-go continued for more than an hour.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Alligator Captured Behind Dallas Middle School
- Drag Racing Legend Muldowney Having Cancerous Lung Removed
- Westbrook, Thunder Put Warriors On Brink Of Elimination
- Rangers Youngsters Perez, Mazara Key In 4-1 Win Over Angels
- Baylor Says President Ken Starr To Retain Position Amid Football Scandal