Man Allegedly Burglarizes Home Where Child Died In Fire
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — Police have arrested a 76-year-old man for allegedly burglarizing a Fort Worth home destroyed by fire just days earlier. The family’s 9-year-old son was killed in the fire.
A neighbor noticed something unusual at the home on Rockdale Drive in south Fort Worth and called police.
“On Saturday morning, a neighbor observed some vehicles at the residence,” said Fort Worth officer Sharron Neal. “The neighbor noticed these individuals out loading up their vehicles with the property from the residence.”
Police say a dryer, washer, barbecue pit and more were taken from the home, which had been boarded up by firefighters.
The neighbor noted the license plate number and alerted police.
76-year-old Willie Ray Young was arrested and charged with theft. Additional suspects may also face charges.
David Ramirez was killed in the fire. Three juvenile relatives and a neighbor were also hurt in the fire.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- NWS: At Least 8 Tornadoes Touched Down In Texas Sunday
- Enhanced Employee Training & Product Testing Underway At Blue Bell
- Cleanup At Rio Vista Elementary School After Storms
- Source: No Suspension For Tyson For Mavs ‘Punch’
- Family Searching For Brass Ships Wall Art Mistakenly Sold At Yard Sale