Tasha’s To Do List: Aug. 21-24
DALLAS (KRLD) – Looking for something to do this weekend? KRLD’s Tasha Stevens has some ideas for you and your family!
– On Thursday at Trees, see the band that contributed part of its name to Guns and Roses — albeit not willingly. It is LA Guns.
– See Waylon’s finest production Thursday night at Hat Tricks Sports Bar and Music Venue in Lewisville. It is Shooter Jennings with his daddy’s original band, The Waymore Outlaws.
– At the other end of the music spectrum, you can see teenybopper faves One Direction on their “Where We Are Tour” Sunday night at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. Good luck getting tickets!
– Here is a rock show you do not want to miss. Aerosmith and Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators will be at the AAC Friday night!
– If you love great guitar rock and you would love to help out a great cause, be at the LISAPALOOZA Benefit at Dan’s Silver Leaf this Saturday, August 23. From noon to 6, you will hear the best of the best…Guitar God Andy Timmons and former Great White guitarist Matthew Johnson will be among the many playing. This benefit show is for Denton native and music journalist Lisa Rollins, who is battling cancer.
– This Saturday, you can partake in some awesome sausage while drinking some adult beverages in downtown Dallas. It is the 2nd Annual Sausage Fest.
– Not much time left to take advantage of The Dollar Days at the Dallas Arboretum, which runs through August. $1 general garden admission and $1 Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden admission to all visitors for the entire month. Guests can enjoy splashing in toad corners, picnicking in the shade of the Pecan Grove or cooling off in the mist of the Palmer Fern Dell. To cool off even more, visitors can explore the Rory Meyers Children’s Adventure Garden, which has more than 8,000 square feet of misters.
– If you like singer Judy Collins and her “Send in the Clowns”, be at the Granada Theater Sunday night.
– If Disco is more your thing, be at the Southside Ballroom Friday night for Panic at the Disco.
– Mississippi boys 3 Doors Down are playing the Choctaw Casino Saturday night.
– I am excited about this show because all I see where I live is donkeys placed in pastures to protect the cows from the coyotes. The Gala of the Royal Horses this Saturday at the AAC will give you the chance to see regal Spanish horses. Gala of The Royal Horses will feature performances involving the Andalusian, Friesian, Lipizzaner and Arabian breeds.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Cleburne Officer Cleared In Fatal Shooting Of Pit Bull
- Harris County Grand Juries Lack Hispanics
- Dallas Teen Killed In Fatal Car Crash