CLEVELAND (AP) — The Cleveland Indians have acquired catcher Chris Gimenez from the Texas Rangers for future considerations.
The teams made the trade Saturday. Gimenez is expected to join the Indians on Sunday.
Gimenez batted .262 in 34 games with the Rangers before being designated for assignment on Aug. 7. He was assigned to Triple-A Round Rock after being taken off the Rangers’ roster.
The 31-year-old Gimenez was drafted by Cleveland in 2004 and spent parts of the 2009 and 2010 seasons with the Indians. He has a career .215 average, and has also played with Seattle and Tampa Bay.
The Indians put catcher Yan Gomes on the seven-day concussion list Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Body Recovered From Sunday Drowning
- Vigil Held For Aledo Teen Who Died After Basketball Practice
- Mansfield Acknowleding Painful Past
- Court: Texas Death Row Inmate May Have Faked Mental Illness
- Up To 2,000 Fans Greet HGTV Stars In The Colony