Indians Acquire C Gimenez From Rangers
CLEVELAND (AP) — The Cleveland Indians have acquired catcher Chris Gimenez from the Texas Rangers for future considerations.
The teams made the trade Saturday. Gimenez is expected to join the Indians on Sunday.
Gimenez batted .262 in 34 games with the Rangers before being designated for assignment on Aug. 7. He was assigned to Triple-A Round Rock after being taken off the Rangers’ roster.
The 31-year-old Gimenez was drafted by Cleveland in 2004 and spent parts of the 2009 and 2010 seasons with the Indians. He has a career .215 average, and has also played with Seattle and Tampa Bay.
The Indians put catcher Yan Gomes on the seven-day concussion list Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- School Finance Trial Underway In Texas
- Mayor Rawlings To Host City’s First Twitter Budget Town Hall
- Southwest Jet Diverts After Passengers Become Disorderly
- Prosecutors Announce Settlement In Minerals Case With Texas Company
- Dallas Police Get Body Cameras