CLEVELAND (AP) — The Cleveland Indians have acquired catcher Chris Gimenez from the Texas Rangers for future considerations.
The teams made the trade Saturday. Gimenez is expected to join the Indians on Sunday.
Gimenez batted .262 in 34 games with the Rangers before being designated for assignment on Aug. 7. He was assigned to Triple-A Round Rock after being taken off the Rangers’ roster.
The 31-year-old Gimenez was drafted by Cleveland in 2004 and spent parts of the 2009 and 2010 seasons with the Indians. He has a career .215 average, and has also played with Seattle and Tampa Bay.
The Indians put catcher Yan Gomes on the seven-day concussion list Saturday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New Voter ID Bill Prompts Texas To Ask Court For More Time
- Teen’s Warning About Shirt Wrapped Around Windshield Goes Viral
- 2017 NBA Second Half Preview – Western Conference
- House Speaker Ryan Getting Firsthand Look At US-Mexico Border
- President Trump To Revoke Obama’s Transgender Bathroom Guidance