Big Rig Crash Closes Highway In Mesquite
Get Breaking News First
MESQUITE (CBSDFW.COM) - A big rig crashed and caught on fire early Monday morning in Mesquite, forcing officials to close Interstate-20 for several hours. The incident happened at around 2:30 a.m. in the westbound lanes of the highway, near Lumley Road, close to the Trinity River bridge.
According to emergency officials, the driver of the 18-wheeler lost control of the vehicle and hit a part of the bridge. That crash caused the big rig to catch on fire. The driver is believed to have received minor injuries.
The crash did result in a fuel spill along the roadway. Crews had to clean that up, and figure out how to deal with the mangled remains of the truck.
Police and fire officials responded to the scene, and the Texas Department of Transportation shut down both directions of the interstate. While the eastbound lanes were opened back up to traffic before the morning rush hour, the westbound lanes remained closed until noon. Everything is back to normal now.
- NASCAR Fans Race To The Race At Texas Motor Speedway
- Maddux, Magadan Return To Rangers Coaching Staff
- Waxahachie Police Detain Student For Making ‘Hit List’
- Death Of Texas Girl In Refrigerator Ruled Homicide
- Republican Hopes To Unseat Veteran Democrat Dallas County DA