Elementary Teacher Accused Of Going To School Drunk
GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – A teacher at West Elementary in Grand Prairie was arrested on August 22.
When Megan Updegraff arrived at work on Friday members of the staff suspected she was drunk.
Someone at the Arlington ISD school called police and officers were dispatched to the location, in the 2900 block of Kingswood Boulevard in Grand Prairie.
Officers arrived with a portable Breathalyzer and performed sobriety tests on the 28-year-old teacher.
Police say Updegraff’s intoxication was confirmed and she was arrested.
The director of communications for the Arlington ISD released a statement that said –
“A West Elementary teacher was arrested Friday. She has been placed on administrative leave pending investigation and further action.”
Public Intoxication is a Class C Misdemeanor.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Diahann Carroll Honored By TBAAL For Work
- TCU Security Guard Arrested For Improper Photography
- More Than 300 Birds Seized From Alleged Cock Fighting Operation
- Johnson Co. Residents Clean Up After Storm Hits
- Amber Alert Canceled After 3 Children Found In Houston