AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – New Texas coach Charlie Strong says he’s feeling no pressure ahead of his first game with the Longhorns.
Texas opens the season at home Saturday night against North Texas, a team that went 9-4 last season with a bowl victory.
Strong has been charged with reviving a Longhorns program that hasn’t won 10 games in a season or a Big 12 title since 2009. Strong noted Monday it’s not his first game as a head coach. But Strong’s 30-year coaching career includes only three as a head coach in a successful stint at Louisville.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Vegan Brisket? It’s A Thing!
- Grand Prairie Officer, Military Service Members Receive Vehicle Donations
- El Paso Police Searching For Convicted Sex Offender
- GCISD Unveils $18M Improvements Plan For Football Stadium
- Baby Partially Removed From Womb For Surgery, Then Put Back