AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – New Texas coach Charlie Strong says he’s feeling no pressure ahead of his first game with the Longhorns.
Texas opens the season at home Saturday night against North Texas, a team that went 9-4 last season with a bowl victory.
Strong has been charged with reviving a Longhorns program that hasn’t won 10 games in a season or a Big 12 title since 2009. Strong noted Monday it’s not his first game as a head coach. But Strong’s 30-year coaching career includes only three as a head coach in a successful stint at Louisville.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Chaos Erupts Between Texas Delegation’s Clinton & Sanders Supporters
- Prison For Driver Who Hit Bicyclist So Hard He Stuck In Windshield
- NFL Teams Now Subject To Penalties For Violating Concussion Protocol
- Plano Leaders On Board For DART Rail Line To DFW Airport
- Church Hostage-Takers Killed After Slitting Throat Of Priest