AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – New Texas coach Charlie Strong says he’s feeling no pressure ahead of his first game with the Longhorns.
Texas opens the season at home Saturday night against North Texas, a team that went 9-4 last season with a bowl victory.
Strong has been charged with reviving a Longhorns program that hasn’t won 10 games in a season or a Big 12 title since 2009. Strong noted Monday it’s not his first game as a head coach. But Strong’s 30-year coaching career includes only three as a head coach in a successful stint at Louisville.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Demonstration Against Sexual Violence Planned At Baylor University
- CDC Emergency Ops Center Moves To Highest Level Of Activation For Zika Response
- Texas-Sized Surprise: J.J. Visits AT&T Stadium
- High Winds Cause Dallas Mobile Home Fire To Spread
- Health Inspection Scores Online For Lewisville Restaurants