AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – New Texas coach Charlie Strong says he’s feeling no pressure ahead of his first game with the Longhorns.
Texas opens the season at home Saturday night against North Texas, a team that went 9-4 last season with a bowl victory.
Strong has been charged with reviving a Longhorns program that hasn’t won 10 games in a season or a Big 12 title since 2009. Strong noted Monday it’s not his first game as a head coach. But Strong’s 30-year coaching career includes only three as a head coach in a successful stint at Louisville.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Government Shuts Down After Senate Fails To Reach A Deal
- Dallas Animal Services Cracking Down On Irresponsible Dog Owners
- Dallas Officials Seek Changes To Bike-Sharing Operations In City
- Family: Tom Petty Died Of Accidental Drug Overdose
- Jury To Work Saturday To Reach Verdict In Antonio Cochran Trial