HOUSTON (AP) – Harris County’s top executive plans to reveal to the public his proposal for the future use of the Houston Astrodome.
County Judge Ed Emmett is to make the announcement Tuesday from the floor of the historic county-owned domed stadium.
The Houston Texans and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo have been eager to demolish the iconic but derelict dome next to the new NRG Stadium.
Emmett, however, has criticized as “silly” proposals to demolish the old stadium, which would turn 50 years old next spring. A statement from his office Monday says Emmett has discussed with other elected officials, stakeholders and interested parties a general concept for what the statement calls “an innovative reuse of the world’s first domed stadium.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Willie Nelson Not “Deathly Ill,” Despite Reports
- Dallas Symphony Performs Version Of “Carpool Karaoke”
- 30 Players: Willson Contreras Ready To Be Cubs Starting Catcher
- Stranded North Texas Woman Rescued After 5 Days Near Grand Canyon
- Lockheed Martin Moving F-16 Production From Fort Worth To South Carolina