HOUSTON (AP) – Harris County’s top executive plans to reveal to the public his proposal for the future use of the Houston Astrodome.
County Judge Ed Emmett is to make the announcement Tuesday from the floor of the historic county-owned domed stadium.
The Houston Texans and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo have been eager to demolish the iconic but derelict dome next to the new NRG Stadium.
Emmett, however, has criticized as “silly” proposals to demolish the old stadium, which would turn 50 years old next spring. A statement from his office Monday says Emmett has discussed with other elected officials, stakeholders and interested parties a general concept for what the statement calls “an innovative reuse of the world’s first domed stadium.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas County Jail Escapee Caught In San Antonio
- Tarrant County Elections Addresses Voting Equipment Concerns
- Lubbock Police Asking For Help In Cold Case Involving Dallas Woman
- Halloween Party Turns Bloody; Teacher Accused Of Killing Neighbors
- Texas Teen Who Killed 2 Endangered Whooping Cranes Gets Probation