Astrodome Plan Set To Be Revealed
HOUSTON (AP) - Harris County’s top executive plans to reveal to the public his proposal for the future use of the Houston Astrodome.
County Judge Ed Emmett is to make the announcement Tuesday from the floor of the historic county-owned domed stadium.
The Houston Texans and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo have been eager to demolish the iconic but derelict dome next to the new NRG Stadium.
Emmett, however, has criticized as “silly” proposals to demolish the old stadium, which would turn 50 years old next spring. A statement from his office Monday says Emmett has discussed with other elected officials, stakeholders and interested parties a general concept for what the statement calls “an innovative reuse of the world’s first domed stadium.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports Analyst Peter Kostis Previews The Phoenix Open
- Molina Seniors Get Pumped About College
- Abbott Orders Changes After $110M No-Bid Contract Scandal
- Guard Hurt In Fatal Prison Bus Wreck Released From Hospital
- Boeing Reports 4Q Profit Of $1.47 Billion On Airplane Sales