Downed Power Lines Temporarily Close I-35E In Corinth
CORINTH (CBSDFW.COM) - Downed power lines temporarily shut down traffic along I-35E in Corinth twice on Thursday; early in the afternoon and again during the middle of the evening rush.
Both directions of the interstate and service roads were shut down shortly after 1 p.m. after a dump truck severed power and cable lines near the highway.
From Chopper 11, crews could be seen trying to untangle a big rig from a cable that stretched across the interstate.
Lanes were re-opened just before 2:30 p.m. only to be closed again around 5, as work crews reinstalled the severed lines.
According to an ONCOR spokesperson, the power line did not carry any threatening electrical current.
The second interstate closure only lasted about 10 minutes.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- AP: Former Fort Worth Police Chief Has Financial Ties To Body-Cam Maker
- Jefferson Keys Third Quarter Spurt As Mavs Beat Pelicans 102-93
- Suspect In Christina Morris Case Charged With Sex Assault Of A Child
- Celina Teacher Accidentally Sets Off Active Shooter Alert
- Woman On Flight With North Texas Ebola Patient Plans To Sue