CORINTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Downed power lines temporarily shut down traffic along I-35E in Corinth twice on Thursday; early in the afternoon and again during the middle of the evening rush.
Both directions of the interstate and service roads were shut down shortly after 1 p.m. after a dump truck severed power and cable lines near the highway.
From Chopper 11, crews could be seen trying to untangle a big rig from a cable that stretched across the interstate.
Lanes were re-opened just before 2:30 p.m. only to be closed again around 5, as work crews reinstalled the severed lines.
According to an ONCOR spokesperson, the power line did not carry any threatening electrical current.
The second interstate closure only lasted about 10 minutes.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Bogaerts Scores Twice On Wild Pitches, Red Sox Thump Rangers
- Body Cam Video Shows Officer Use Taser On Handcuffed Suspect
- Local Concert Venues Review Security After Manchester Attack
- North Texas Road Rage Crashes At An All-Time High
- Mobile Library Rolls Out In Dallas