CORINTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Downed power lines temporarily shut down traffic along I-35E in Corinth twice on Thursday; early in the afternoon and again during the middle of the evening rush.
Both directions of the interstate and service roads were shut down shortly after 1 p.m. after a dump truck severed power and cable lines near the highway.
From Chopper 11, crews could be seen trying to untangle a big rig from a cable that stretched across the interstate.
Lanes were re-opened just before 2:30 p.m. only to be closed again around 5, as work crews reinstalled the severed lines.
According to an ONCOR spokesperson, the power line did not carry any threatening electrical current.
The second interstate closure only lasted about 10 minutes.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Arlington Police Adding Body Cams
- Deep Ellum Bands Together to Keep Area Safe And Thriving
- Beltre Blast In 9th Beats Indians
- Billy Bob’s Texas Lawsuit Pits Father Against Son Over Ownership
- Worker Electrocuted Cleaning Hot Tub At Fort Worth Apartment Complex