MIDLAND, Texas (AP) – So who’s Texas Gov. Rick Perry wearing as part of his bookish new look?
The Republican’s stylish specs are Inspiration by designer Jean Lafont. His wife Anita picked them out.
While attending the groundbreaking of an Occidental Petroleum complex in Midland on Tuesday, the governor showed The Associated Press his glasses.
He’s worn them about a year, trying to soften his cowboy image for one that’s more humble.
The glasses are a centerpiece of his rehabilitation effort nationally, following a disastrous 2012 presidential bid. Until now, though, little was known about them.
Perry didn’t say how much they cost, but Internet searches indicate that the frames alone retail for $516.
Despite being indicted on two felony counts for abuse of power, Perry is seriously considering a 2016 White House run.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deshaun Watson Plans To Fully Participate In NFL Combine
- Hervey, UTA Beat Georgia Southern For 7th Straight Win
- Brown’s 35 Points Lead Baylor Over Texas In Key Big 12 Win
- After Huggins’ Scary Moment, No. 12 WVU Beats Texas 77-62
- Morris, Thomas Lead Iowa St Past Texas Tech, 82-80 In OT