DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) A student driver got a lesson he won’t soon forget after the 18-wheeler he was driving crashed and burned, shutting down Interstate 45 and causing a massive traffic delay.
According to police, the student driver was traveling on the northbound service road of I-45 in the Wilmer-Hutchins area when he lost control of the vehicle and somehow crossed the median into the regular lanes.
Reports say the vehicle went across all three lanes of the highway and crashed into the center median.
The semi burst into flames, but Wilmer Chief Victor Kemp says everyone got out.
The trouble on the southbound side happened when a couple of accidents occurred in the traffic backup.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 95-Year-Old Marine Fights Burglar, Daughter Chases Him Through Town
- Texas Senate Begins Rewrite Of Sexual Harassment Policies
- Feds: Oklahoma Man Kept Stepdaughter Captive For 19 Years
- Teen’s Harvard Acceptance Video Generates Wave Of Support
- FCC Votes Down Obama-Era ‘Net Neutrality’ Rules