DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) A student driver got a lesson he won’t soon forget after the 18-wheeler he was driving crashed and burned, shutting down Interstate 45 and causing a massive traffic delay.
According to police, the student driver was traveling on the northbound service road of I-45 in the Wilmer-Hutchins area when he lost control of the vehicle and somehow crossed the median into the regular lanes.
Reports say the vehicle went across all three lanes of the highway and crashed into the center median.
The semi burst into flames, but Wilmer Chief Victor Kemp says everyone got out.
The trouble on the southbound side happened when a couple of accidents occurred in the traffic backup.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Targeting Aggressive Panhandlers
- Men Survive Avalanche; Take Selfies Waiting For Help
- Man Arrested In Fort Worth For Sexual Assault Of A Child
- Senate Confirms Trump’s Pick To Run The CIA
- Little Elm Community Still Grieving Detective Jerry Walker’s Loss