Update 11:03 am
Officials with McKinney ISD have confirmed that the gas leak was fixed and have deemed the school safe for the return of staff and students.
The students will be transported from McKinney Boyd High School back to Dowell Middle School and will resume their regularly scheduled day.
MCKINNEY, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Students and staff at Dowell Middle School in McKinney have been evacuated due to a gas leak.
No word yet on what caused the leak, but officials say it was not due to construction currently taking place at the school.
Staff and students are being relocated to McKinney Boyd High School until the issue is resolved.[tweet https://twitter.com/DowellMS/status/504636205451841536]
Dowell Middle School parents can pick up their child from McKinney Boyd anytime after 10:00 a.m.
Officials say students are not in danger – this is just a precautionary evacuation.
*This is a developing story. Listen to 1080 KRLD and follow CBSDFW.COM for the latest information.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Warrant Roundup Gets Underway This Weekend
- NASCAR Great Gordon To Drive Daytona 500 Pace Car
- Man Arrested After Crashing Into Dallas Fire Truck
- Texas Man Caught In Florida After Killing Uncle; Wanted To Attend Daytona 500
- Judge Denies Request To Delay Texas Voter ID Lawsuit