Update 11:03 am
Officials with McKinney ISD have confirmed that the gas leak was fixed and have deemed the school safe for the return of staff and students.
The students will be transported from McKinney Boyd High School back to Dowell Middle School and will resume their regularly scheduled day.
MCKINNEY, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Students and staff at Dowell Middle School in McKinney have been evacuated due to a gas leak.
No word yet on what caused the leak, but officials say it was not due to construction currently taking place at the school.
Staff and students are being relocated to McKinney Boyd High School until the issue is resolved.[tweet https://twitter.com/DowellMS/status/504636205451841536]
Dowell Middle School parents can pick up their child from McKinney Boyd anytime after 10:00 a.m.
Officials say students are not in danger – this is just a precautionary evacuation.
*This is a developing story. Listen to 1080 KRLD and follow CBSDFW.COM for the latest information.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Report: Nerve In Jaylon Smith’s Knee Regenerating; LB Can Lift His Foot
- Falcons Wide Receiver Mohamed Sanu Shares Heartwarming Note From Fans
- Police Arrest Suspect In DeSoto Man’s Murder
- Big Rig Fire Shuts Down Highway In Waxahachie
- Dallas Office Building Evacuated After Report Of Shooting