FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Eastern Hills High School students are mourning the death of their classmate.
The teenager jumped from the Beach Street overpass onto Interstate 30 Wednesday afternoon and was hit by a passing vehicle, according to authorities.
Counselors have been available on campus to help students, teachers and staff cope with the loss.
The teen’s death, which is being treated as a suicide, occurred around 1 p.m. Wednesday and closed the interstate for more than 3 hours.
The teen’s name has not been released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- FDA Calls For Zika Testing Of All Blood Donations
- Big Changes To Knox Street Causing Concern
- Puppy In Garbage Saved By Good Samaritan
- Texas Firefighter On Oregon Hike Found; 2nd Hiker Dies In Fall
- Arlington Police Seek Man Who Exposed Himself To Teen