VERNAL, Utah (AP) — A Utah woman accused of using a pound of bacon to start a fire in her ex-boyfriend’s house will stand trial on arson charges.
Police say 32-year-old Cameo Adawn Crispi repeatedly called and texted her former flame in March from his home, where she left the bacon over a lit burner.
The Deseret News reports the man wasn’t home and called police saying he wanted Crispi out of his house. Officers arrived and saw smoke flowing out the front door. Inside, they found hot coals on the floor around an open wood stove and the burned bacon.
Charging documents say Crispi’s blood-alcohol level was 0.346, four times the legal limit. She is due back in court in October to face arson, burglary and other charges.
Her attorney, Clint E. Hendricks, declined to comment.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump Backers Cry Foul Over Loss At Arizona GOP Convention
- People In Lindale Clean Up After And Relive Friday Tornado
- Sixth Victim Found Dead From Palestine Flooding
- Minors Injured In Church Van Crash In Fort Worth
- Dallas Homeowner Shoots, Kills Burglary Suspect