Abbott Backs Out Of Televised Debate With Davis
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – Republican Greg Abbott has backed out of a statewide televised debate in the Texas governor’s race with Democrat Wendy Davis.
Abbott spokesman Matt Hirsch said Friday the campaign canceled the Sept. 30 debate because of the roundtable format. Hirsch said that wouldn’t have allowed for a “thoughtful” discussion of issues.
Davis spokesman Zac Petkanas called the cancellation an insult to Texas voters.
That leaves Sept. 19 in McAllen as the only remaining scheduled debate between Abbott and Davis. Hirsch said the campaign is now working to schedule another one.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Nelson Delayed After Heavy Rain On Saturated TPC Course
- FIFA President Blatter Asks To Be Re-Elected Despite Crisis
- Rodriguez Pitches Red Sox Past Rangers 5-1
- Legislature To Reimburse Erath County For ‘American Sniper’ Trial
- Apple Buys Maker Of Futuristic Augmented-Reality Software