RED OAK, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Police are looking for an Ellis County man who has been sentenced to 20-years in prison for domestic abuse.
43-year old Leonard Allen Hennard of Red Oak is now considered a fugitive after he walked out of the Ellis County Courthouse when the jury started to deliberate his case on Wednesday.
Hennard was found guilty and sentenced to 20-years in prison on domestic violence charges after he got into a voilent argument with his sister over Hennard trying to sell a watch for drugs.
Hennard has past convictions for domestic violence, aggravated kidnapping and aggravated robbery.
Under Texas law, it is a felony to commit an assault against a family member after a previous conviction for an offense involving family violence.
Investigators are looking for Hennard and are asking people to call 9-1-1 if they see Hennard or know where he is.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 2 Men Found Shot To Death In Arlington Home
- Cruz Suggests Leaving Vacancy On Supreme Court
- Teen Watches Helplessly As Her Boyfriend Is Beat Up On FaceTime
- Woman Pleads For Thief To Return Dead Father’s Wallet
- Never Too Early To Be Prepared For Snow And Ice