Texas Looking Forward To Strong Debut Against UNT
Sports Fan Insider
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - For 16 years, Mack Brown led the Texas Longhorns, reviving a dormant program into a powerhouse that won one national championship and played for another.
Now it’s Charlie Strong’s turn.
Hired away from Louisville after Brown was pushed out of after four sub-par seasons, Strong’s first Longhorns team takes the field Saturday night against North Texas, a bowl team last season that is expected to contend for the Conference USA title.
Strong has had eight months to break down and rebuild a program that hasn’t won a Big 12 title since 2009, restore toughness and shed what he called a sense of entitlement that had crept in and set down roots.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Opponent Profile: New Orleans Saints Hope To Repeat 2013 Rout Of Cowboys
- “How Not To Fumble” With Babe & Karen
- Mansfield Teacher Dies Days After Indecency Allegations
- Parents Upset Teachers Switching Campuses 4 Weeks Into School Year
- Hospital Begins Testing Texas Babies For TB After Worker Diagnosed