LUBBOCK (AP) — Texas Tech has extended football coach Kliff Kingsbury’s contract for three seasons through 2020.
Kingsbury already was under a five-year deal through 2017.
Texas Tech also announced upgrades to its football stadium and training facilities.
The announcement of his extension also comes with what Texas Tech calls its first specific athletics capital campaign.
The campaign will include construction of a new indoor football practice facility, a new south end zone stadium building and renovation of the Red Raiders football training facility.
Texas Tech also extended the contracts of baseball coach Tim Tadlock, track coach Wes Kittley and men’s tennis coach Tim Siegel.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- A Waiting Game As John Wiley Price Jury Continues Deliberations
- ‘Bachelor’ Star Chris Soules Jailed After Deadly Iowa Crash
- Former All-Pro Linebacker Says Race A Factor In Desoto Coach’s Possible Firing
- Report: Fewer Immigrants Without Status Since 2009
- Fiat Chrysler, Google Offering Rides In Self-Driving Cars