LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) — Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury says quarterback Davis Webb is more mature and confident this season.
He even overrules Kingsbury’s play calling sometimes, and could showcase his improvement against Central Arkansas of the Football Championship Subdivision in the opener for both teams Saturday night.
Webb earned the starting role after his MVP performance in the Red Raiders’ Holiday Bowl win, their first win since dropping five straight to close the regular season. Also, two quarterbacks who were battling with Webb last year have moved on — Baker Mayfield went to Oklahoma and Michael Brewer is at Virginia Tech.
Bears coach Steve Campbell makes his debut against Texas Tech.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Body Of Small Boy Washes Ashore On Galveston Beach
- Weather Service: Oklahoma Hit With As Many As 4 Tornadoes
- A Scary Box Office Weekend For Everyone But Tyler Perry
- Body Of Small Child Found In Richardson; Police Say ‘Most Likely’ Missing 3-Year-Old
- Cowboys Activate Rookie QB Cooper Rush In San Francisco