RICHMOND, Va. (AP) – A broken shifter last week at Atlanta has put Clint Bowyer in desperation mode at Richmond. He needs a win on Saturday night to grab a dramatic last-grasp berth in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
The broken part was a devastating blow to Bowyer, who lost two spots in the standings and fell behind Ryan Newman and Greg Biffle in the jockeying for the final two spots in the 16-driver Chase field.
Under NASCAR’s new win-and-in system, 17 different drivers can race their way into the Chase in the final “regular season” event.
Bowyer, a two-time winner at Richmond International Raceway, likes his chances.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Congressman Gets Earful From Constituents On Border Situation
- Acting VA Secretary Calls For Changes During Dallas Visit
- Rangers Activate Andrus After First Trip To DL
- Medical Community Warns Of Trauma To Undocumented Children Separated From Parents
- Pair Attacked In Deep Ellum Share Story