LUFKIN (AP) — An East Texas woman who beat her children with a computer cord has been sentenced to prison.
KLTV-TV reports Shadondra Jenkins was sentenced to 9 ½ years after pleading guilty to two felony charges of injury to a child.
She was arrested in August 2013 after police say she whipped her 13-year-old daughter who accidentally burned food she was preparing for the family. They say her 8-year-old son was similarly abused.
The judge told Jenkins she was spared the maximum sentence because the guilty plea saved her children from having to testify.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trevino, Rangers Rally For 4 Runs In 9th, Beat Rockies 13-12
- Brooks Koepka Repeats As US Open Champ
- 2 Arrested For Fight At Frisco Mall That Injured Teen
- Officials Suggest World Cup Celebrations In Mexico Caused Artificial Quake
- 5 Dead After Vehicle Fleeing Border Patrol Agents Crashes In South Texas