LUFKIN (AP) — An East Texas woman who beat her children with a computer cord has been sentenced to prison.
KLTV-TV reports Shadondra Jenkins was sentenced to 9 ½ years after pleading guilty to two felony charges of injury to a child.
She was arrested in August 2013 after police say she whipped her 13-year-old daughter who accidentally burned food she was preparing for the family. They say her 8-year-old son was similarly abused.
The judge told Jenkins she was spared the maximum sentence because the guilty plea saved her children from having to testify.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Vet Says Dog Flu On Rise In North Texas
- Bitter Blast Has Big Impact On Navarro County
- While Rangers Want To Add Rotation Depth, Yu Still Unlikely
- Indicted Texas AG Has $5.7M War Chest
- Bonham ISD Cancels School For Week Due To Flu