Updated: November 17, 2014 8:30 AM
DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A teenager in Denton got the surprise of her life on Sunday night after going to social media to ask the Denton Independent School District to close schools for the day.
With light snow falling in the area, Sydnie Acker tweeted a clearly staged picture showing ice cubes and images of her on the ground, pink Crocs showing.
“@DentonISD help I have fallen on the deadly ice and can’t get up,” Acker tweeted.
The district replied by favoriting the tweet.
“You favorited my tweet. Now cancel school,” Acker joked. “How many more injuries does there have to be?”
But the Denton High School freshman said that she was surprised by the reply from the district. “@SydKat6 Crocs, Sydnie? We’re never canceling school again, because clearly we need to teach you better life choices.”
Acker was a good sport about it, and told CBS 11 News via Twitter, “Their Twitter page has been very sassy, but this was crazy,” she said. “It was really funny, and everyone thinks it’s great.”
Denton ISD spokesperson Mario Zavala said Monday that the district views Twitter as a way to interact with students.
As for Acker, she was at school on Monday and, yes, she was wearing those pink Crocs.
You can follow Giles Hudson on Twitter @CBS11Giles.
- Dallas Officer Suffers Brain Hemorrhage While Training For Charity Event
- Butler, Towns Lead T-Wolves Past Rockets 121-105 In Game 3
- Barbara Bush’s Granddaughter Gives Birth To Son
- Barbara Bush Eulogized As ‘First Lady Of The Greatest Generation’
- Texas School Apologizes After 8th Graders Asked To List Positives Of Slavery