DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A 25-year-old man was killed Tuesday evening near Buckner Road when an Amtrak train struck him.
A spokesperson for the Union Pacific Railroad said the train sounded a warning signal as it approached the victim from behind. But the man, who investigators said they believe was wearing headphones, didn’t move off the tracks.
The train pulled half a mile further down track after the incident, then departed on its way at around 5:45 p.m.
The Dallas Police Department is investigating. The medical examiner has yet to identify the man.
This is a developing story. Follow CBSDFW.com and watch CBS 11 News at 10 p.m. for the latest information.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Teacher Who Stopped School Shooter Released From Hospital
- American Jailed In Venezuela For 2 Years Arrives In US
- Choo New Top HR Hitter From Asia, Lifts Texas Over KC In 10
- 3-Year-Old Girl Drowns In Little Elm During Family Gathering
- Texas School Principal Serves Breakfast To Students During Staff Shortage