DALLAS (AP) – Dallas, Columbus, Tampa and New Orleans have been chosen to host the women’s basketball Final Four starting in 2017.
It’s the first time that Dallas and Columbus will be the site of the national semifinals. The Texas city hosted the men’s Final Four last season.
The 2017 Final Four will also mark the first time since 2003 that the women’s national semifinals will be played on Friday with the championship game Sunday. That will align it with the preliminary rounds which will be played on a Friday-Sunday and Saturday-Monday format starting this season.
Columbus gets the Final Four in 2018 with Tampa, which is hosting the national championship this season, receiving it the following year. New Orleans will host for a fourth time in 2020.
Nashville, Pittsburgh and Houston were the other three finalists.
Indianapolis is the host in 2016.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lightning Strikes Spark House Fires Across North Texas
- Farmers Branch Police Arrest Suspect Who Stabbed Off-Duty Officer
- Hill, No. 4 TCU Roll 43-0 As Kansas Ties NCAA Road Loss Mark
- Harden Leads Rockets Past Mavericks 107-91
- Dallas Tourists, Experts React To Release Of JFK Assassination Docs