DALLAS (AP) – Dallas, Columbus, Tampa and New Orleans have been chosen to host the women’s basketball Final Four starting in 2017.
It’s the first time that Dallas and Columbus will be the site of the national semifinals. The Texas city hosted the men’s Final Four last season.
The 2017 Final Four will also mark the first time since 2003 that the women’s national semifinals will be played on Friday with the championship game Sunday. That will align it with the preliminary rounds which will be played on a Friday-Sunday and Saturday-Monday format starting this season.
Columbus gets the Final Four in 2018 with Tampa, which is hosting the national championship this season, receiving it the following year. New Orleans will host for a fourth time in 2020.
Nashville, Pittsburgh and Houston were the other three finalists.
Indianapolis is the host in 2016.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Family Says Emergency Siren Was Placed Too Close To Home
- Grapevine Police Surprise Daughter Of Fallen Officer At Graduation
- Mesquite Teen Set To Graduate Honors Late Mom In Tweets
- Giant Observation Wheel Planned For Banks Of Trinity River
- No Additional Charges Against Woman Who Made Up Story About Trooper Sex Assault