LEWISVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – Police have shot and killed an armed suspect at a Lewisville gas station.
Police say they found a car reported stolen out of Highland Village and tried to stop the driver. The driver sped away and ultimately crashed near the Rock Brook and FM 3040 intersection.
Police say the armed suspect then bailed out of the stolen car and ran toward the RaceTrac gas station on Round Grove Road, where he tried to carjack someone with a shotgun.
That’s when an officer confronted the suspect and shot him, according to police.
The suspect was transported to Lewisville Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No other injuries have been reported.
Erica Montes was face to face with the man before the shooting started.
“He pointed the gun at me. I was very scared. I didn’t know if he was going to shoot at me or grab me. Police had surrounded him. I was lucky to get away,” she said.
The man killed nor the officer involved have been identified yet.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Autistic Teen Delivers Inspiring Graduation Speech In Plano
- Trevino, Rangers Rally For 4 Runs In 9th, Beat Rockies 13-12
- Brooks Koepka Repeats As US Open Champ
- 2 Arrested For Fight At Frisco Mall That Injured Teen
- Officials Suggest World Cup Celebrations In Mexico Caused Artificial Quake