LEWISVILLE (CBSDFW.COM) – Police have shot and killed an armed suspect at a Lewisville gas station.
Police say they found a car reported stolen out of Highland Village and tried to stop the driver. The driver sped away and ultimately crashed near the Rock Brook and FM 3040 intersection.
Police say the armed suspect then bailed out of the stolen car and ran toward the RaceTrac gas station on Round Grove Road, where he tried to carjack someone with a shotgun.
That’s when an officer confronted the suspect and shot him, according to police.
The suspect was transported to Lewisville Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No other injuries have been reported.
Erica Montes was face to face with the man before the shooting started.
“He pointed the gun at me. I was very scared. I didn’t know if he was going to shoot at me or grab me. Police had surrounded him. I was lucky to get away,” she said.
The man killed nor the officer involved have been identified yet.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Lightning Strikes Spark House Fires Across North Texas
- Farmers Branch Police Arrest Suspect Who Stabbed Off-Duty Officer
- Hill, No. 4 TCU Roll 43-0 As Kansas Ties NCAA Road Loss Mark
- Harden Leads Rockets Past Mavericks 107-91
- Dallas Tourists, Experts React To Release Of JFK Assassination Docs