CROWLEY (CBSDFW.COM) – Fort Worth police confirm a murder suspect they have been searching for since Wednesday night has been taken into custody.
40-year-old Kristun Madewell was wanted for the murder of Christopher Ortega in south Fort Worth last Friday.
An officer-involved crash was reported at FM1187 & Horn St. in Crowley at the time of Madewell’s capture.
Fort Worth Police say Madewell was riding in a white pickup truck, with an unidentified driver. The driver intentionally rammed a white unmarked police SUV and then lost control of the truck and hit a brick wall.
Both Madewell and the Fort Worth officer involved in the collision was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. A woman who was also in the pickup truck with Madewell was treated at the hospital for minor injuries. She may face criminal charges. Madewell will be charged for aggravated assault of a public servant.
On Thursday, the search for Madewell prompted a soft lock down on Joshua ISD schools. Madewell has children who attend schools in that district.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rangers’ Beltre On DL With Another Leg Issue
- Driver Accused Of Transporting 50 Pounds Of Marijuana From Houston
- Gov. Abbott Wants Farenthold To Pay For Special Election
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Star Debuts Cookbook, Talks Post-Show Plans
- GOP Lawmakers Hold First Baseball Practice Since Last Year’s Shooting