Kaepernick On Threats: If It Happens, You’ve Proved My Point

Follow The Fan: Facebook | Twitter

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) – Colin Kaepernick says he has received death threats through social media and other avenues since he began to protest during the national anthem last month.

Kaepernick said Tuesday he has not alerted team security about the threats and understood that could happen once he began his protest over racial oppression and police brutality in the United States.

He said: “To me, if something like that were going to happen, you’ve proved my point.”

Kaepernick also said he plans to start a website soon showing he is donating the $1 million he has pledged to organizations supporting his cause of racial equality. He will donate $100,000 a month for 10 months once he has vetted organizations to determine which deserve his donations.

(© Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

One Comment

  1. Nard says:

    That your an idiot

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Drip Pan: CBS Local App
Drip Pan: Weather App

Listen Live