15 Year Old Boy Hospitalized After E-Cigarette Explodes

Follow KRLD: Facebook | Twitter

DALLAS (KRLD) – A Tarrant County teenager is recovering in the hospital after an e-cigarette blew up in his face.

The 15-year-old suffered severe burns to his face and chest after the e-cigarette exploded as he used it. Tarrant County sheriffs responded to the 9-1-1 call from Fossil Creek Estates on Round Hill Road around 5 yesterday evening.

The teen was airlifted to Parkland Hospital in Dallas, but is expected to recover from his injuries. The explosion from the e-cigarette did not cause any other injuries or any other damage.

Recent studies are looking at the risks posed by e-cigarettes, especially the danger of their batteries shorting out and causing these explosions. These cases often result in third-degree burns.

The legal age for using an e-cigarette is 18. The Tarrant County fire marshal is heading up the investigation.

Comments

Comments are closed.

More From CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Drip Pan: CBS Local App
Drip Pan: Weather App

Listen Live