Woman Finds ‘Octopus-Looking’ Mold Inside Her Coconut Water

Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

NEW YORK (CBSDFW) – A woman in New York says she was sickened by an octopus-like sludge found in a bottle of Vita Coco coconut water. Barbara Kline wrote on social media that she became violently ill after unknowingly swallowing a piece of the slimy substance. “When I took a big gulp, I swallowed a chunk of something. It tasted very thick and syrupy. It was disgusting,” Kline said.

A spokesperson for Vita Coco said they believe the object was mold and thinks it’s “highly unlikely” to pose a health risk. Kline is reportedly planning to sue the company for her illness.

The Goshen resident isn’t the only person to find a disgusting surprise in Vita Coco containers. Several people have posted their sludge-filled bottles online over the last few years. Kline reportedly won’t give the sample back to Vita Coco for testing because it’s her “only evidence” in the case.

 

More From CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Drip Pan: CBS Local App
Drip Pan: Weather App
Drip Pan: Restaurant Week 365

Watch & Listen LIVE