CBS 11 is hosting an open casting call for “The Amazing Race” on Friday, August 18 from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the all new Sam Pack’s Five Star Chevrolet, located at 1735 South Interstate-35E in Carrollton, Exit 442 off of the interstate. Click here for a map and directions!
Prospective teams of two people will record a short video — up to one minute in length — to be submitted to the show’s casting directors for consideration.
CBS Radio will be broadcasting segments from the event, and former “The Amazing Race” contestant Tanner Kloven (now an on-air personality for AMP 103.7) will be on hand to meet everyone.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Apply with a teammate
- Be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- Be United States citizens and must be living in the United States
- Not be a current candidate for political office
- Be in excellent physical and mental health, be willing to undergo physical and psychological examinations and testing, and meet all physical and psychological requirements
- Be willing to authorize producers to conduct a background check
- Disclose whether or not they have ever been charged with a felony or misdemeanor (other than minor traffic or parking violations) and whether or not they have had a restraining order entered against them
- Have a valid U.S. passport or be in the process of obtaining a passport
- Be able to travel for long periods of time without interruption, adaptable to various living and traveling situations, and must be willing to travel in close proximity with others of varied age, sex, race, background and experience
- Must be willing to receive all necessary immunizations and take preventative medications as deemed medically necessary by the producers
The producers are searching for a diverse group of men and women who represent a broad cross-section of American society. Contestants will be selected based upon the following traits.
- Physically and mentally adept
- Adaptable to new environments
- Interesting lifestyles, backgrounds and personalities
About “The Amazing Race”
“The Amazing Race” is an adventure reality show hosted by Phil Keoghan. The show features teams of two on a trek around the world for approximately 30 days. At every destination, each team of two will have to compete in a series of challenges — some mental and some physical — and only when the tasks have been completed will they learn their next destination. Teams who are farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning $1 million.
Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman and Hayma Screech Washington are the executive producers for Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc. in association with Touchstone Television and Amazing Race Productions. “The Amazing Race” was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.