4 Hospitalized After Acid Exposure At Bulk Mail Center

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A reported spill of a package of Carbolic acid at the USPS Bulk Mail Center in Dallas lead to four people being taken to area hospitals.

Carbolic acid is used in plastics.

It happened around 12:30 p.m. Thursday at the center at 2400 D-FW Turnpike Service Road.

hazmat bulk mail center 11 4 Hospitalized After Acid Exposure At Bulk Mail Center

Hazmat Bulk Mail Center in Dallas (Chopper11)

The building was evacuated before Dallas Fire-Rescue crews arrived on scene.

The four victims inhaled vapors from the acid.

Their conditions are not known at this time.

hazmat bulk mail center 2 4 Hospitalized After Acid Exposure At Bulk Mail Center

Hazmat Bulk Mail Center in Dallas (Chopper11)

 

More From CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Drip Pan: CBS Local App
Drip Pan: Weather App
Drip Pan: Restaurant Week 365

Watch & Listen LIVE