The City of Dallas is preparing for the upcoming opening of the George W. Bush Library beginning Wednesday April 24, 2013 thru Friday April 26, 2013. In an effort to curtail traffic around the city there will be several street closures to divert traffic from and around the area.
The following closures may affect normal travel beginning at 6pm Wednesday April 24, 2013 and conclude at 10am Thursday April 25, 2013.
List of street closures:
- The southbound Jefferson Street viaduct crossovers will be closed.
- The northbound on-ramp to the Marsalis Avenue viaduct.
- The entry to Oak Farm off Marsalis Avenue north of First Street.
- The U-turn at the Marsalis Avenue and Jefferson Street viaduct.
- Addison Street at Marsalis Avenue will be closed.
- North Ewing Avenue and East Jefferson Blvd at the Y and Oak Farms Dairy.
- North Ewing Avenue will be closed at East Colorado Blvd.
- East Jefferson Blvd. will be closed at East Colorado Blvd.
- The on-ramp at 1700 East Jefferson Blvd. at the Oak Farms River Bottom.
- The Jefferson Blvd. viaduct will be closed between the Belo Garage and Convention Center Deck.
- There will be NO eastbound traffic on Young Street from Record Street.
- There will be NO traffic on Young Street between Record Street and South Market Street.
- No westbound traffic onto Wood from South Market Street.
- There will be NO southbound traffic on Record Street from Wood Street.
- The Mockingbird exit at southbound US 75 will be closed at 6am Thursday April 25, 2013 thru 9pm Thursday April 25, 2013.
- East and Westbound SMU Blvd at 75 and the Southbound US 75 Service Road from University to Mockingbird Lane will close at 6am on Thursday April 25, 2013 and open at 9pm.