- Social Media Helping College Teams Start New Traditions In an era when it's increasingly difficult to get fans in the stadium, it apparently isn't so hard to get them into new rituals.
- SEC Seeks To Build Off Strong 2017 NCAA Basketball Performance SEC teams should have plenty to boast about ahead of the upcoming season. Long derided for its lack of postseason success, the SEC responded last year by sending three teams to the regional finals.
- Longhorns Coach Herman Still Talking Rebuilding At 3-3 Tom Herman is at Texas because Texas got tired of seven years without a Big 12 title, and three straight years of losing. Last year's team missed a bowl game for the second straight season.
- Pitino Out At Louisville As Expected Amid Federal Probe Louisville's Athletic Association officially fired Rick Pitino on Monday, nearly three weeks after the school acknowledged that the program is being investigated as part of a federal corruption probe.
- No. 6 TCU Handles K-State, Weather Delays In 26-6 Victory Sixth-ranked TCU's stingy defense shut down the ailing Kansas State offense, and Kenny Hill threw for 297 yards while running for a touchdown in a 26-6 victory that kept the Horned Frogs undefeated.
- No. 12 Oklahoma Tops Texas 29-24 In Red River Showdown After a blown 20-point lead, the 12th-ranked Sooners held on to beat Texas 29-24 on Saturday.