- Nets Grab Texas Big Man Allen With 22nd Draft Pick Brooklyn selected big man Jarrett Allen from Texas with the 22nd pick of the NBA draft on Thursday night, taking a one-and-done freshman who blossomed at the end of his only season with the Longhorns.
- TCU's Wymer Stymies Louisville In 4-3 CWS Win Called out from the bullpen, Sean Wymer helped the Horned Frogs get a win over Louisville by a score 4-3 on Thursday night at the College World Series. The Frogs now face Florida.
- Howard's 12 Ks, Merrill HR Help TCU Oust Aggies From CWS 4-1 Brian Howard matched his career high with 12 strikeouts in seven-plus innings.
- OU QB Mayfield Accepts Guilty Plea For 3 Misdemeanors A prosecutor says Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield was fined $300 and ordered to pay court costs after accepting a guilty plea to three misdemeanors following his arrest earlier this year.
- Louisville Holds Off Aggies For 8-4 CWS Win Sam Bordner shut them down with three innings of no-hit relief, and the Cardinals went on to an 8-4 victory Sunday in the College World Series.
- Fabulous Faedo: Florida's Ace Stymies TCU In 3-0 CWS Victory Faedo limited TCU to two singles and struck out 11 in seven innings Sunday night, and Florida posted its first College World Series shutout since 1991 with a 3-0 win.