- Baylor Trying To "Keep Everybody Out Of Trouble" Baylor senior cornerback Ryan Reid texts teammates out of the blue to ask what they are doing. After an offseason when the Bears lost their head coach, outreach is part of an effort to build chemistry and prevent off-the-field missteps.
- Shawn Forrest Named Assistant Basketball Coach At SMU Shawn Forrest has been named an assistant basketball coach at SMU, his third school since the end of last season. Mustangs coach Tim Jankovich announced Forrest's hiring Tuesday.
- Eight TWU Student-Athletes Hospitalized With Rare Condition Eight student-athletes at TWU have been hospitalized with a potentially dangerous condition. This past weekend the students were all admitted for medical treatment of symptoms related to rhabdomyolysis.
- Baylor WR Ishmael Zamora Caught Abusing Dog On Video Baylor University's football program is dealing with another blow as one of their wide receivers has once again put them at the forefront of the spotlight.
- Complaint: Rule Discriminates Against Minority Players A rule adopted during the desegregation era in Kansas to limit out-of-state players on community college basketball and football teams discriminates against minority students, complaints filed with the NAACP allege.
- Starr Resigns As Baylor Law Professor, Severs School Ties Former Baylor President Ken Starr is resigning his post as a law school professor, severing ties with the faith-based campus still reeling from a sexual assault scandal.