- Texas Lineman Kent Perkins Suspended Following DWI Arrest Senior guard Kent Perkins has been suspended for one game by Texas coach Charlie Strong following his arrest last week for allegedly driving while intoxicated.
- LSU Fires Coach Les Miles, Cameron, Promotes Orgeron LSU has fired head football coach Les Miles and offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and promoted defensive line coach Ed Orgeron to interim head coach.
- 1966 Texas Basketball Team Among Harvard W.E.B. DuBois Medal Honorees A civil rights-era Texas basketball team is among the recipients of Harvard University's 2016 W.E.B. Du Bois medals.
- No. 10 Texas A&M Gets 45-24 Win Over No. 17 Arkansas The momentum quickly turned for 10th-ranked Texas A&M when Trevor Knight, the quarterback already with two long touchdown runs, had another big play right after a huge defensive stand by the Aggies.
- Russell's 4 TDs Leads No. 16 Baylor Past Oklahoma State Russell threw four touchdown passes, including an 89-yarder to Platt for the go-ahead score in the third quarter, and the No. 16 Bears held on to beat the Cowboys 35-24 on Saturday night in the weather-delayed Big 12 opener for both teams.
- North Texas Sneaks By Rice 42-35 In 2OT Willy Ivery plunged in from 4-yards out, Rice's Darik Dillard was stuffed on 4th-and-1 on the ensuing drive, and North Texas escaped Rice with a 42-35 win in 2OT on Saturday night.