- Bowlsby Disagrees With Iowa State AD's Synopsis Of Big 12 Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby bristled at the suggestion that without Oklahoma and Texas the league is akin to the Mountain West.
- Big 12 Hot Seats Topped By Charlie Strong At Texas Charlie Strong began his weekly news conference Monday by spending a couple of minutes discussing the multitude of self-inflicted wounds that cost Texas in its lost to Kansas State on Saturday.
- Coaches Pick Cincinnati To Win American Athletic Conference American Athletic Conference coaches have picked Cincinnati to win the league title this season. The Bearcats edged UConn in the poll, which was released Monday at the conference's annual media day.
- AP Top 25: Ohio State Slips, Penn State In, Houston Out Ohio State dropped four spots to No. 6 in The Associated Press college football poll after its first loss of the season, and Penn State moved into the rankings for the first time since 2011 after upsetting the Buckeyes.
- Defense Rests: No. 16 Oklahoma Beats Texas Tech 66-59 Baker Mayfield knew Texas Tech's offense would put up points Saturday night.
- SMU Stuns No. 11 Houston 38-16 A grim-faced Tom Herman could hear the whoops and hollers of SMU players as the Houston coached tried to explain a shocking 38-16 loss to the Mustangs on Saturday night.