- Report: University Of Houston Picks Major Applewhite As Head Coach The University of Houston has hired offensive coordinator Major Applewhite as its next head football coach according to reports.
- Oklahoma's Westbrook Named Top College Receiver Oklahoma's Dede Westbrook won the Biletnikoff Award as the top receiver in college football. The senior beat out Austin Carr of Northwestern and Zay Jones of East Carolina.
- Longhorns RB Foreman Wins Doak Walker Award D'Onta Foreman of Texas captured the Doak Walker Award as the nation's top college running back after rushing for more than 2,000 yards. Foreman's performance was a bright spot in a disappointing season for the Longhorns.
- UNT Beats Cold-Shooting Delaware State 76-40 Jeremy Combs had 16 points and nine rebounds, and UNT beat Delaware State by a score of 73-40 on Thursday night. Delaware State made just 12 of 53 shots, and the Mean Green had all the points they would need with 15:11 left.
- Baylor Goes From Unranked For No. 4 In Under A Month Baylor coach Scott Drew certainly gets why the Bears were overlooked going into this season. But the Bears are getting plenty of votes now after an impressive start with three wins over top 10 teams.
- UT Arlington Beats Top 25 Team, First Time In Program History Kevin Hervey scored 15 points and UTA beat a Top 25 team for the first time, shocking previously unblemished No. 12 Saint Mary's 65-51 on Thursday night