- Baylor Fires Longtime Baseball Coach Smith Baylor has fired longtime baseball coach Steve Smith after the Bears had their fewest wins since 1981.
- SEC Gets 4 Host Sites For Baseball Regionals Defending national champion Vanderbilt and three other Southeastern Conference teams were among the 16 regional hosts named Sunday for the NCAA Division I baseball tournament.
- Kent, Allemand Lead Texas A&M To 6-1 Win Over Vanderbilt Blake Allemand hit two home runs and Matt Kent threw a complete game to lead Texas A&M over Vanderbilt 6-1 on Thursday in the Southeastern Conference Tournament.
- Texas Edges Baylor 4-3 In Big 12 Tournament Tres Barrera hit a bases-loaded single with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning, sending Texas to a 4-3 victory over Baylor on Thursday in the winners' bracket of the Big 12 Tournament.
- Oklahoma Beats West Virginia 6-1 In Big 12 Elimination Game Sheldon Neuse broke a tie with a sacrifice fly in the sixth inning and had a three-run double in the eighth in Oklahoma's 6-1 victory over West Virginia.
- Texas Tech Tops TCU 8-1 In Big 12 Tournament Corey Taylor limited top-seeded TCU to just four hits over five innings and Eric Gutierrez homered and drove in three runs as Texas Tech routed the defending champions 8-1 Thursday at the Big 12 tournament.