- Singer's 12 Ks Help Florida Beat LSU 4-3 In CWS Finals Opener Florida got a dominant performance from Brady Singer, a big defensive play when LSU was threatening and just enough offense.
- College Football Playoff COO Gets 3-Year Extension College Football Playoff COO Michael Kelly has received a three-year contract extension that runs through June 2020. Kelly has been COO of the College Football Playoff since its inception in 2012.
- Baylor Says NCAA Investigation Is "Ongoing, Pending" Baylor University officials said that the school is being investigated by the NCAA in the wake of a sexual assault scandal that led to the firing of football coach Art Briles and the departure of the school president.
- CWS Finals Preview: LSU vs Florida Some things to know as Florida (50-19) and LSU (52-18) play for the national championship in the best-of-three College World Series finals starting Monday night:
- Faedo Fabulous Again, Florida Beats TCU To Go To CWS Finals Alex Faedo pitched three-hit ball for 7 1/3 shutout innings in a second straight strong performance against TCU, and Florida moved to the College World Series finals with a 3-0 win Saturday night.
- Nets Grab Texas Big Man Allen With 22nd Draft Pick Brooklyn selected big man Jarrett Allen from Texas with the 22nd pick of the NBA draft on Thursday night, taking a one-and-done freshman who blossomed at the end of his only season with the Longhorns.