- Texas Coach Augie Garrido Won't Resign, Wants Another Year Texas heads into the Big 12 tournament after a disappointing regular season and the winningest coach in college baseball history finds himself pleading to keep his job.
- Matchups For SEC/Big 12 Challenge Announced Kentucky will host Kansas in the marquee matchup in the next SEC/Big 12 Challenge, a one-day event that features 10 games on Jan. 28 at various sites.
- North Texas AD Rick Villarreal Resigns After 16 Years North Texas athletic director Rick Villarreal is stepping down after 16 years, a tenure marked by persistent instability in the football program despite the building of a new stadium.
- Lawsuit Seeks Testimony From Former Texas Coach Brown A former Longhorns track coach's sex and race discrimination lawsuit has new life, and her lawyers are still pursuing long-sought testimony from former football coach Mack Brown.
- Former Baylor Football's Floyd Casey Stadium Demolished Explosives have been used to bring down what was left of the former longtime home of Baylor football. Floyd Casey Stadium was imploded Saturday.
- Several Texas Football Assistants In Line For 6-Figure Pay Raises The University of Texas football program is set to give three assistant football coaches large pay raises with the Longhorns coming off two straight losing seasons.