Latest DFW Weather
The first responder was swept away by a rush of water; his body was later discovered in a storm drain. Another firefighter attempted to save him, but was instead knocked down by flood waters and had to be rescued himself.
The Trinity River was cresting near 40 feet Sunday afternoon. The river hits “major flood” stage at 40 feet; anything over that could close bridges and cause major flooding.
Amusement parks turned into water parks and roads turned into rivers overnight: Severe storms continue to batter Texas, from the border of Oklahoma to the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Counties just north of Tarrant and Dallas including Denton and Collin county are under a TORNADO WATCH until 2:00am:
The CBS 11 Storm Team has issued a WEATHER ALERT DAY.
- Residents Near Lake Lewisville Worried About Weekend Flooding 05/22/2015
- Tornadoes Strike Mineral Wells; Damage Reported 05/19/2015
- Witnesses Eye Twister Near Waxahachie And Palmer 05/19/2015
- Six Feet Of Flood Water Flounders Grand Prairie Business 05/17/2015
- National Guard Helps Johnson County Flash Flood Victims 05/17/2015
- After the Flooding- More Rain Chances 05/17/2015