Latest Tournament News
- Complaint: Rule Discriminates Against Minority Players A rule adopted during the desegregation era in Kansas to limit out-of-state players on community college basketball and football teams discriminates against minority students, complaints filed with the NAACP allege.
- Rising Star: Villanova Guard Phil Booth The sophomore from Baltimore hit the second-biggest shot of the game for Villanova (it was, admittedly, a very distant second).
- Five Things: Best NCAA Championship Game Ever? Villanova claimed its second national championship last night with a 77-74 victory over North Carolina on a buzzer-beating three from Kris Jenkins.
- Villanova Wins NCAA Championship At Buzzer 77-74 Kris Jenkins swished a 3-pointer at the buzzer for Villanova on Monday night, lifting the Wildcats to a 77-74 victory over North Carolina and a national championship in the NCAA basketball tournament.
- NCAA Championship Tale: 2 Villanova vs. 1 North Carolina After all the hoopla and hype, the NCAA Tournament Championship Game has arrived, and both North Carolina and Villanova are very good, deserving teams.
- 5 Things: Final Four Margin Of Victory Record Obliterated Villanova blasted Oklahoma 95-51, a semifinal record for margin, and North Carolina topped Syracuse 83-66. It sets up what should be—what we hope will be—a competitive final tonight.
- North Carolina Tops Syracuse 83-66 To Advance To Title Game Coach Roy Williams will be looking for his third national championship since taking over for the Tar Heels.