- Members Of Hitler’s Army On The Shores Of White Rock Lake During the second World War, almost 80,000 German and Italian Prisoners of War were shipped to Texas. From 1944 to 1945, several hundred were held in a camp on White Rock Lake.
- Kip's Big Boy Restaurant Lives On Kip's Big Boy restaurant was a landmark on the corner of Northwest Highway and Hillcrest. The building was demolished in 2005, but part of the legacy lives on.
- Dallas Arboretum Thrives In Hot Texas Summer Any discussion of East Dallas has to include a special Dallas city park -- the Dallas Arboretum. But how much work is needed to create a botanical garden during a hot, Texas summer?
- Dallas Seminary Has Worldwide Influence Since 1924, Dallas Theological Seminary has been training and educating students, equipping them to spread God's word across the world.
- Younger Crowd Breathes Life Into Garland Road Area There is a change in some of the older-established neighborhoods in East Dallas, as some long-time residents are either moving out or moving up.