At the age of 14, Chris hit the airwaves at WLOK radio and hasn’t stopped since. He continued working in radio and television while earning a Bachelors Degree in Journalism from the University of Oklahoma . After he graduated he was hired at K104 radio as sports director. He was heard every morning as part of the “Skip Murphy And Company Show”.
His remarkable 30 year stint at K104 was the longest uninterrupted weekday tenure of any radio sports figure in Texas history. Since leaving K104 radio, Skip Murphy and Company have gone viral. Riding the wave of social media that’s changing the way the world receives entertainment, “SMAC” is now online, on demand, and heard thru smart phone apps worldwide.
In the world of sports talk radio, Chris remains a popular fixture co-hosting “The GBag Nation” with Gavin Dawson on CBS radio KRLD FM “The Fan” weeknights from 7:00 p.m. to midnight.
Chris also hosted his own highly rated sports talk show from 1995-1999 in Sports Radio 1310 “The Ticket”. DFW sports radio listeners still quote lines made famous by his show, such as, “movie watching is a sport.” and “people do love lists.”.
Since 1996, Chris has been an integral part of the NBA’s World Champion Dallas Mavericks broadcast team, serving as the Mavs courtside reporter on television and as his current role as game night emcee. In addition to his Mavericks correspondence, his television experience included working as a sports reporter at WFAA TV in Dallas .
Chris’ work garnered a regional sports Emmy. Prior to WFAA, he wrote, produced, and hosted “On The Beam” a syndicated African American entertainment television show that was seen by more than 20 million households in 46 cities across the US, Japan, the Caribbean, and in 17 countries in Africa.
Chris has covered every major sporting event the world has to offer: 25 Super Bowls, 21 NBA Finals, 2 Olympics, 13 Final Fours, 8 World Series, 26 Championship Boxing Title Fights, 25 NBA All Star Games, 8 Baseball All Star Games, 5 Pro Bowls, 15 College Football Bowl Games and even the World Cup.
Chris is also a very popular speaker and host. He’s spoken at major corporate seminars, civic groups, schools, charities, Churches, sports banquets and more. From hosting events to providing career guidance to our youth, he truly enjoys reaching out and changing lives.
What will Nolan Do? That’s the biggest story coming out of Texas Rangers spring training this year.
So grab a pencil or break out your smartphone or tablet ‘cause here are this week’s picks.
Each week I give u 10 NFL picks that I personally have ‘garuanteed’ to be correct. I do have a sparkling record. Now these picks have been marinating overnight.
i enjoy sharing a blog with the fan fans & the gbag nation! that said, here are my thoughts on some things going on in the social universe.
Dallas Cowboys LB DeMarcus Ware paid a surprise visit to the G-Bag Nation broadcast compound in Oxnard.
D-Will is officially gone – he decided to stay with the Nets for a boatload of money, so now it’s time to buy into the Mavericks Championship Blueprint.
Josh Hamilton will be on the cover of Sports Illustrated, which means it’s time to dig deep into history to discover: Is the SI cover jinx real?
The Cowboys added to their defense again by selecting Wake Forest OLB Kyle Wilber with the first of two 4th round picks.
The Cowboys picked their fourth defensive player of the NFL draft by selecting Eastern Washington safety Matt Johnson.
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Athletics vs Rangers – May... CBS 11 Weather Day - May 22,... Dallas White Out Party - May...
- Athletics vs Rangers - May... Athletics vs Rangers - May... Tornado Aftermath In Moore HP Byron Nelson Championship...
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series... Tigers vs Rangers - May 19,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 18,... Tigers vs Rangers - May 17,...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Dallas Comic Con 2013 Tigers vs Rangers - May 16,... Best Summer Dishes
Latest DFW News
- Bush Hosts 2nd Day Of Bike Ride For Veterans
- Comedian Bobby Lee Joins New School
- Birdman Flying High For The Heat
- Judge Denies Motion To Revoke Brent’s Bail
- Game 5: Quick Makes 24 Saves To Help Kings Top Sharks 3-0, Up 3-2 In Series
- Rangers Coach John Tortorella Explains Benching Of Brad Richards
- North Texas Woman Condemned For Boy’s Starvation Loses Appeal
- RJ Choppy: “I’ll Eat A Sandwich From The Restroom Floor”