Chuck is an award-winning reporter with decades of experience in Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas. Chuck joined KRLD in 2002. Since then he has covered the first anniversary ceremony in New York of the 9/11 attack, the Columbia shuttle disaster from Johnson Space Center and rode out Hurricane Rita in a Beaumont high rise office building giving live reports.
He has won numerous awards including several from the Texas Medical Association for stories focusing on medical issues. He’s been part of KRLD’s Edward R. Murrow Award for severe weather coverage that included his live reports as he witnessed a deadly tornado hit near Fort Worth. He’s been awarded numerous Associated Press Broadcasters awards and a Dallas Press Club Katie award.
Chuck has a wide variety of news stories in his experience. He’s covered both Republican and Democratic presidential conventions. Born and raised in Chicago, Chuck moved to Dallas while in high school graduating from Thomas Jefferson High School. He now heads the KRLD Fort Worth bureau.
A state senator from Fort Worth wants to clear a huge backlog of untested rape kits in evidence rooms across Texas.
The Facebook IPO brings a new transparency and scrutiny Mark Zuckerberg hasn’t known before.
A Fort Worth Independent School District teacher’s assistant was arrested last week for sexual assault of a child, police said Tuesday.
The founder of a Fort Worth anti-violence group has invited parents and community leaders to an event aimed at alleviating bullying in city schools.
The northbound lanes of Interstate 35W from Alvarado to just north of FM 917 will be closed from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Tuesday while investigators map the scene of a deadly accident.
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott may be considering a campaign to land him in the governor’s seat in 2014.
When Fort Worth ISD administrative officials appear before the school board Tuesday, they won’t be recommending any teacher layoffs.
Some new Texas license plates will carry a strong Christian message. Here in the middle of Lent, new Calvary Hill license plates are available in Texas.
There’s a new development in the case of the Fort Worth girl allegedly kidnapped and taken to New Mexico by her mother.
There’s a growing trend in medical alerts showing up in North Texas, replacing bracelets to alert paramedics.
Three weeks after allegedly kidnapping her daughter from their home in north Fort Worth, and being at the center of a nationwide Amber Alert, Kimberly Smith is back in North Texas.
North Texas officials are pleased to get word from Austin of an additional $2 billion for highway construction in the state.
- Athletics vs Rangers – June... Photos From The 2013 Miss USA... "The Amazing Race" Casting... Athletics vs Rangers - June...
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Adrienne Bankert On "The Talk" Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Blue Jays vs Rangers – June...
- Blue Jays vs Rangers – June... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Brandon Carr Celebrity... Blue Jays vs Rangers - June...
- Indians vs Rangers - June 12,... Indians vs Rangers - June 11,... Slater's IndyCar Ride-Along... Rangers vs Blue Jays – June...
Latest DFW News
- Cancer Survivors Rally At Pajama Ice Cream Party
- Gun Safety: Tips For Safely Keeping A Gun In Your Home
- Police Need Help Identifying Aggravated Robbery Suspects
- Darvish, Washington Credit Talented A’s Lineup
- Cowboys Sign 3rd Round Pick Terrance Williams
- Outlaw Items Up For Auction By Dallas Company
- 11 North Texans Indicted In Prostitution Case
- VIDEO: The LeBron James Headband Game