Ginger is the Senior Investigative Reporter of the CBS 11 Investigative Team. She’s an award-winning journalist who has traveled the country investigating wrong-doings, following trials, and covering hurricanes.
Ginger won a 2012 Edward R. Murrow Award after helping a North Texas mother track down lost cord blood she desperately needed for her sick child. After she began investigating, authorities shut down the blood bank. Ginger then exposed loopholes in the entire cord blood banking industry potentially putting others at risk.
Ginger won the 2012 Grand Prize Stephen Philbin Award for her on-going investigation into questionable deaths at a Texas State Jail. The series of reports has gained national attention from civil rights groups around the country now working to improve the conditions at the Dallas facility. The Dallas Bar Association also awarded Ginger a 2011 Stephen Philbin Award for giving a voice to an innocent mom who witnessed a crime and was thrust behind bars as a criminal.
The Texas State Comptroller agreed to audit convenience stores around North Texas after Ginger found many of them overcharging customers by taxing items that should not be taxed. The reports won a 2012 Lone Star Emmy Award.
Computer makers around the world recalled more than 10 million batteries used in laptop computers after Ginger exposed the dangers of overheating lithium ion batteries. And, the FDA reviewed its policies after she called it to task for allowing thousands of unapproved drugs onto the market.
Ginger’s reporting has also earned her the Texas Gavel Award from the State Bar of Texas, a Katie Award from the Dallas Press Club, recognition from the Associated Press, and the California Department of Health Services Award.
Ginger began as a general assignment report at CBS 11 in 1999. She has also been the co-anchor for CBS 11 This Morning and CBS 11 Weekend News.
Before coming to CBS 11, Ginger was a lead reporter for WLWT-TV in Cincinnati. She traveled with NBC News Channel covering major national news events for NBC affiliates all over the country. She was an anchor/reporter at KBAK-TV and anchor/co-host for KERN talk radio in Bakersfield, California. She reported at KMIR-TV in Palm Springs. Ginger began her career at KCBS-TV in Los Angeles as a researcher.
She grew up in Southern California and graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles with a degree in Mass Communications and an emphasis on Media.
Ginger proudly participates in a variety of charities including Special Olympics Texas, The Autism Treatment Center, Purple Stride DFW for Pancreatic Cancer, and Advocates for Special People.
Ginger and her husband, Scott, have two children.
According to Texas law, schools are not required to have carbon monoxide monitors.
Days before the storm hit, TXDOT trucks pre-treated roads with a brine, a mixture of salt and water.
It’s helped tackle dirty laundry, using less energy, less water, and less detergent. However, front-load washing machines may be triggering more service calls, more trouble, and more lawsuits than manufacturers ever expected.
You call Texas home, so you likely drive by road work every day. But what happens if someone working in a construction site hits your car? Or worse- what happens if you get hurt?
The internet makes us all bargain shoppers, but beware of ‘copycat’ websites.
You most likely don’t know Ron Perrin. But next time you pour a glass of tap water, you might consider giving him and his crew a toast. Why? Because they work to keep your water clean.
Burglars are using new technology to copy your key and have access to your home.
First it was the ice bucket challenge. Now it’s time for Kershaw’s Challenge. The Dodger Pitcher and two-time Cy Young winner Clayton Kershaw kicked it off at Highland Park High School where his pitching career began.
The CBS 11 I-Team put 18 used and new Carbon Monoxide Detectors to test at the Grand Prairie Fire Department.
The Dallas Fire Fighters’ Association is calling for a new investigation, because they believe at least one, or maybe several, Dallas firefighters may not be telling the truth about what happened on the morning Stan Wilson died.
A North Texas couple wants answers from PetSmart about how their beloved miniature poodle died in their care.
What’s worse – this could happen to any of us, a sickening medical bill.